2018 was a year I was really looking forward to. Things seemed to be changing and that made me nervous, both in the good and the bad sense. But now that the year is almost over and I look at it with perspective I can say that the changes have been for the better.
Studies: Master’s Degree in Literary Creation
The main reason I was waiting for 2018 was the start of my master’s degree. For a long time, I felt that I needed a push to launch myself to write and when I signed up for the master I thought it might be precisely what I needed. I was right.
- I am learning new and interesting things that are making me improve a lot in my writing.
- I am writing much more than usual.
- I have lost my fear and I have some of my writings to literary competitions (maybe I’ll talk about this later).
In 2019 it has to continue like this, after all I have 6 months to write a complete novel.
I don’t know how is the rest of my life going to be but I can assure I’ll be writing a lot!
On the other hand, this year I had the intention to travel a little bit more. Although I have not gone far, I have moved much more than usual. Barcelona, Bilbao, Madrid, Andorra and Cuenca have been the chosen destinations.
I’m so excited to see where 2019 will take me!
Now that I am so much into it 2019 it’s going to be the year of the metal festivals.
2018 has also been the year that I have started working and, to avoid falling short, I have worked in three different places. Since I am being honest I will say that they haven’t my dream job, but I must also admit that I cannot complain. I’m working on something related to design, I have a perfect schedule that allows me to dedicate time to the master and, in addition, I have a salary every month.
I hope that 2019 goes just as well is this aspect. For now, I have work until August.
Not everything has been good
- In the first place, as you can imagine, between work and studies I have neglected my social life a little bit. I would like to organize myself better next year to be able to solve this.
- Secondly, between trips, concerts and some other whim I have not been the saver of the year. In recent months I have tightened my belt a bit and I want to be able to save a little more in 2019, however without stopping living life and doing the things I like.
- Finally, I relocated from a job that I loved to end up in another that I don’t like so much. It was a hard blow at first but I still have work and, although I don’t like it that much, I am thankful for that. In 2019 I hope to be able to find a job that I’m passionate about.
Broadly speaking, this has been my year. I decide to keep with everything good and fight to change things that I have not liked so much in 2019.
How was yours?